Friday, January 16, 2009

Tag....I'm it!

I was recently tagged by my friend Sarri and asked to come up with 7 interesting things about myself. There really aren't 7 little known things about me, let alone really being all that interesting, but here is my best shot at it:

1) I used to sing in my elementary school talent shows every year. I would sing such hits as "You Light Up My Life", "9-5" and many Captain and Tenille songs. My mom made me a new gunny sax dress every year and I had matching ribbon barrettes in my hair.

2) I am extremely afraid of heights. Once in elementary school, my parents signed me up for gymnastics and I cried the whole time because I had to go on the balance beam. (It was a whopping 1 or 2 feet off the ground!) Needless to say, we knew early on that I was no Mary Lou Retton!

3) Tom & I met while I was babysitting next door to his house. I had to go to his house when I accidentally locked myself out of the house with the kids. Tom answered the door and was happy to help. I may have possibly locked the door other times just so I could see him to get the key. Maybe.

4) Tom & I broke up 8 times while dating all through high school. He was my first real kiss (not counting the time a really cute boy at church camp kissed me quick after a campfire one night.) Our first kiss was when I was babysitting at another neighbor's house. Note to self: Courtney will NOT babysit!

5) I know practically everyone camps, but I have never been camping. Let's just say I'm not an outdoorsy sort of girl and I am not a real fan of bugs and creepy crawlies. My idea of a camping adventure is blowing up the air mattress in the living room and roasting marshmallows over the BBQ and popping popcorn in the microwave. It is the perfect camp IN!

6) When I was 20, I had a Jamaican propose to me while on a travel agent familiarization trip there. He wrote me a long love letter, tried to give me a ring, the whole nine yards. And NO, we weren't dating at all while I was visiting there. He was working at the hotel we stayed at and he just took a liking I guess to my really light blonde hair, green eyed self. Needless to say, I declined.

7) Soon after the trip to Jamaica, I won a trip to the Cook Islands at a travel seminar I attended. It was before Tom and I were married, so I took my brother who wasn't married at the time either. Nightlife was rather slow there, but we went to one of the hotter restaurants/clubs there and then missed the last bus back to the hotel. Since the island wasn't very big and there weren't many cabs either, we decided to walk back to the hotel. On the way, I had to go pee so bad I couldn't hold it anymore. I couldn't bring myself to go in the bushes along the roadside(remember, not into creepy crawlies, not outdoorsy, etc?) so I wet my pants instead. Seriously! Soon after, a cab came by and gave us a ride back to the hotel. All I could think of was that I hoped I didn't smell like pee and that I didn't want to get his seats wet from my current not-so-comfortable situation. My brother has never let me live that moment down.

So there you have it, the not-so-interesting 7 things about me. Most everyone has been tagged already, so I tag whoever reads this and hasn't already had to do it!

3 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

TOTALLY remember you singing "you light up my life"....totally, totally thought you were fantastic and totally wanted to be able to sing so well...now and then. YOUUUUUUUU, You light up my life. YOOUUUUUU, You bring me hope...

Michelle said...

Thanks Paige. I knew YOU would remember me singing. To most it is a little known fact.

Growing Good Golfers said...

Love the gunny sack reference!